Thursday, August 31, 2017

Running With the Rain




As I ran 
the sweat came
And came the rain.

I was running.

It softened a lot of my inside, slowly.

Maybe, it washed away bits of I and Me 
that I carried in the sweat?

A smile framed my lips as I felt the 
tightness melt away;
With salty dews of rain running down my face,
Stinging my eyes as it mingled with my sweat.

Palpable lightness.

Could it be that the sweat carried the burden of my expectation? 
Or the math of clocking the anticipated miles?

Does predisposition burden us?
Or does it disallow exultation?  

Does sweat induce pride in athletes? 
Or does it comfort and spur on?

Could it be that lightness comes when the run melts into nothingness?

What is Nothingness after all
but the unbridled joy when my mind empties into those minutes of plugging in, plodding on 
and simply running.

Perhaps. Surely.


No comments: